Originally uploaded by DixiePistols.
Anywho, Kochi is on the west coast of India. It was used by the Portuguese as a trading post, and therefore has a heavy European and Christian influence. The architecture was great! The food was great! Weather, not so much... It felt a lot like Central America, or should I say Guatemala, since that is the only place in Central American I have actually been to. At the same time, there were parts that felt like Southeast Louisiana, the backwaters in particular. Here are the highlights in no particular order:
- Finding a roach in my bed on the train car... Just kidding. it really freaked me out, and I was jumpy for the rest of the night.
- Fish! Seafood! I ate some bomb coconut curry fish and some shrimp in the "Kerala style."
- When a group of riskshaw drivers were suggesting places where they could take us, one of them yelling "a barber shop," and putting rubbing in hand on his beard area. Yes folks, my facial hair situation is getting pretty dire!
- The backwater cruise. Although if it were any longer, it would have ceased to be fun.
- Some seriously reckless passing on a bunch of tiny two-lane roads by a host of hired drivers.
you could just drop out of CMU and stay here you know ;-)ReplyDelete
Hehe, yeah not a bad idea. I think my folks would miss me, but I guess I could convince them to come visit, right?ReplyDelete