I just read this week's City Paper and thought I would mention of few of the things that I saw in hopes that other people were interested (and also because I can never remember anything).
- There is an interview with Sharon Lippincott who has written a book called, The Heart and Craft of Lifestory Writing: How to Transform Memories Into Meaningfuly Stories, and I have to say I like the idea of writing short stories about very specific and important/funny/interesting parts of your own life.
- The Dance Alloy Theater School has non-competitive dance and movement classes for all ages! 12 weeks starting September 15th, and there is a $10 discount if you register by August 31st. Eh? EH?!
- This play called Private Lives, which I've heard is pretty funny, is playing at the Stephen Foster Memorial Theater until September 9th.
- I've seen some reviews for a movie called This is England, and it looks pretty good. It's about this 12-year-old kid in 1980s England who is kind of a loser, but ends up hanging out with this group of skin-heads, and kind of gets sucked into their world.
- Still want to see Superbad...
1) I only partake in competitive dance, sorry.ReplyDelete
2) Didn't you already see Superbad and say it was awesome? If not, I'm going to have to retract some promises I've made to some people.
No dude, I saw Knocked Up, by the same guys, which was very good. Sorry, but I still heard Superbad was awesome anyway so you may not have to retract any promises.ReplyDelete