I just read this week's City Paper and thought I would mention of few of the things that I saw in hopes that other people were interested (and also because I can never remember anything).
- There is an interview with Sharon Lippincott who has written a book called, The Heart and Craft of Lifestory Writing: How to Transform Memories Into Meaningfuly Stories, and I have to say I like the idea of writing short stories about very specific and important/funny/interesting parts of your own life.
- The Dance Alloy Theater School has non-competitive dance and movement classes for all ages! 12 weeks starting September 15th, and there is a $10 discount if you register by August 31st. Eh? EH?!
- This play called Private Lives, which I've heard is pretty funny, is playing at the Stephen Foster Memorial Theater until September 9th.
- I've seen some reviews for a movie called This is England, and it looks pretty good. It's about this 12-year-old kid in 1980s England who is kind of a loser, but ends up hanging out with this group of skin-heads, and kind of gets sucked into their world.
- Still want to see Superbad...